SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reed's 4th Birthday

It's hard to believe that four years have passed since we welcomed Reed into our lives and our hearts! We are so blessed by him every day. I love his tender, sweet spirit and the smile that can light up any room! Happy Fourth Birthday Reed!

I gave him his present as soon as he woke up.


It was a Polar Express train track. He LOVES this movie and loves trains so it was the perfect gift! I had to set it up for him right away and since Dada was at work, it was all on me!


We went to church and then I took them to McDonalds for lunch. We went to a park in Riverside that runs trains two Sundays a month that you can ride on for free! These aren't normal sized trains. They are model steam engines just barely big enough for you to ride! People look mighty silly on them but the kids love them!

Waiting in line for the train.



It was an hour long wait so the kids got restless. What else to do but wrestle on the ground!



They got really tired of waiting but were pretty good!



Finally our turn!






Reed was behind me so I had trouble getting pics but I love his face here!



I got a pic of me and Paigey easier since she was in front of me.



This was my attempt at a shot with Reed. I had to lean backwards and hold the camera with one hand and hold on with the other. I got yelled at by the Conductor. He called me "Ma'm." I did not enjoy that! Since when am I old enough to be a Ma'm?



Next we played on the playground. It was a perfect, beautiful day! Reed's birthday so far every year has been perfect weather!



After the playground we just sat and watched the trains go by and enjoyed a snack.



When we got home he opened his present from Grandma and Grandpa - a balance bike!




We had dinner (whatever he wanted of course) and then cake! Paige sang Happy Birthday to Reed. It was the cutest thing ever!



This is Reeds face trying to blow out the candles. Ha ha! I think there was a little spittle in there! Glad this was his own piece of cake!



In our house, we don't require utensils on birthdays....




Happy Birthday sweet boy! We love you with all our hearts!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures and looks like the day was a blast. What a great mom you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.thetrain.com/polar-express-5679.html

    Have you seen this before? We tell ourselves we will take the kids every year but still haven't gotten around to it. Maybe this year! Reed would love it, I am sure!!!

    ReplyDelete