SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Monday, February 20, 2012

Facebook Friends

A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to take a break from Facebook. I was spending WAY too much time on it! I decided instead to spend the time I would ordinarily spend online, reading my Bible. I wanted to read the Bible in one year again but didn't start it until two weeks ago so I had quite a bit of catching up to do! Isn't it amazing that even though I was "behind," I would find that everything I read was speaking directly to what I've been going through in life?


While this has been great for me, something I didn't consider was that people would think I had "unfriended" them because I deleted Facebook. After a couple of emails, I realized I was taking the wrong approach. Why was I allowing Facebook to have so much control over my life? Why didn't I simply take back the control and limit the amount of time spent on it? Sometimes you have to take a step back from a situation to see it clearly.



One thing in my reading that stood out to me was from Matthew 10 in the story of The Shepherd and His Flock. "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life-only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." Matthew 10: 17-18


I am trying to improve my life, get my priorities straight and become the woman that God wanted me to be. Have I made some mistakes along the way? Yup - you can put Facebook down as one of them. I tend to learn things the hard way - is there any other way?


And so my Facebook friends, I am back on Facebook. Not three times a day, not for an hour at a time, but just once in a while to stop in and say hey - this is what's going on with me and to check in and see how everyone is doing. When my Spirit is fed, my children are happy and my home is in order, only then will I take the time!

1 comment: