SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birthday Blessings

Birthdays look a lot different now than they did a decade ago! My idea of what's "fun" and what makes me happy has completely changed! I started my morning with my church's mom's group Little Lambs. I am so blessed by these amazing moms and their faithfulness in coming. They had a candle for me in my cupcake and sang Happy Birthday. There was a lot of laughter in our discussion and a lot of love for each other and our kiddos.

I had lunch with my kids and then went to the outlets in Cabazon WITHOUT kids and treated myself to some new clothes for the first time in years! It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and I LOVED being outside! 80 on my birthday in February - what's better than that?

When I got home, Justin and the kids were at the park so I joined them for a while to enjoy what was left of the sunshine. Justin picked up my favorite dinner and we ate together as a family. My kids favorite part of the day - of course - birthday cake! Then they needed a bath!

I started the day telling Justin I didn't want to "do" anything that I normally HAVE to do! No diaper changes, no getting kids fed, dressed, ready etc. But I decided to still give them their baths anyway. For some reason, this was a special bath and I enjoyed every moment. It's funny how on certain days we take the time to appreciate the little moments, even though they happen every day.

I finished the day watching TV shows with a glass of wine. A perfect ending to a perfect day. I am beyond blessed by my friends and family and love you all!

"Rejoice the the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all." Philippians 4:4-5

1 comment: