SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Monday, February 13, 2012

A Rainy Day

It was a rough year for Silvestrini City. In January we listed our house for sale, sold it in March, moved into an apartment in May, bought a house in August, moved in September. All of this change wreaked havoc on my scheduled toddlers who do not adapt well to change. Reed especially had a rough year. His behavior and personality suffered as he lost the comfort and security he'd known all his life. We made this move FOR our children. We are in a better house in a better neighborhood with sidewalks and parks and a great school they will attend. Someday Reed will understand and appreciate all of this. But for a while, it was tough going.

Somewhere amidst the stress, I went into what I call "survival mode." Instead of enjoying my children and spending quality time with them, I started tolerating them. I wasted hours online on Facebook while my kids entertained themselves. It's time to get back to the business of parenting and focusing my attention where it is needed, and deserved, the most! For that reason, I de-activated my Facebook account for now while I regain my focus and priorities.

Today it is rainy and cold and I didn't get any sleep. I dread days stuck at home where my kids energy drives us all crazy! I knew I had to make a conscious effort to spend every minute with them to keep them entertained and happy! And that is what we did!

Sometimes I pick up little crafts at the Dollar Tree to save for a rainy day. Today we did painting a sun catcher to hang in the window. Reed had a train and Paige had a butterfly.




They are both very serious and focused when it comes to their crafting!









This is Paige's "cheese" face when I'm trying to get her to smile!




Finished train (sideways)



Finished butterfly (also sideways)



While Paige was locked down in her chair, I painted her toes for the first time! She always asks but mean mommy is always worried about the carpet! So I let her pick the color and did it at a time when I knew she'd be sitting for a while for them to dry. Guess who knocked the polish off the counter and made a mess on the tile? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Paige...



Cutest chubby toes ever!



They were sitting in their hairdresser chairs with this trash can on their heads for some reason....



Then the inevitable happened.....



Time for some dress up!



Yee haw lil' cowgirl!



Next it was time for some "swimming"! The kids were putting on their floaties and playing with water toys so I decided to let them swim in my tub!





















They had a blast AND it killed an hour! I got to take a shower since it's right next to the tub, folded some laundry, cleaned the bathroom and did some reading! Turns out, paying more attention to them gives me MORE time to myself, not less! Who knew? That was our morning! Now that the kiddos are napping, I'm going to attempt a nap myself! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment