SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Friday, April 6, 2012

Breaking, Errrrr, Decorating, Easter Eggs!

Every year we decorate Easter Eggs as one of our traditions and every year as they break every one, I wonder why I continue the tradition!  But the kids LOVE doing it and breaking them has become part of the tradition!  I love making these memories with my kids!  I long ago put away my ideas of how things "should" turn out and just let them happen!  It's so much more fun that way!

Reed coloring eggs

Paigey doing her eggs 

Paige likes to put everything up to her face right now!  Sweet faced girl! 


Showing me her egg 










Paige's eggs all colored and ready for decorating! 



Reeds eggs

Time to decorate them!  Reed chose Cars 2 and Paige chose Hello Kitty - coincidentally the same theme as their Easter Baskets this year!!

Dipping the wrapped eggs in the water.  These wrappers never stick for me!  Oh well, it's the trying part that's fun! 


Reed is always so focused and concentrated on whatever he is doing.  I love his little serious expressions! 

All done! 


Paige's were a little easier because they were just stickers and a couple of Hello Kitty masks. So cute! 


Paige dropped an egg on the floor which was the first to break!  Reed got it for her and they thought it was so funny that it was broken!  This began the unfortunate end of the eggs as they began breaking some intentionally! 

Cracking an egg on the table.  Naughty! 


Hello Kitty! 

Cars 2! 

Reeds kit came with 3D glasses for the wrappers! 

Paige was very into her stickers! :) 

Completed basket.  Right after this picture she dropped the whole basket and broke all the ones that were still ok!  I got that one on video! ;) 

Reeds completed basket 

I try not to spoil my kids but holidays are always an exception!  I love doing all of these holiday traditions with them!  Tomorrow we have two Easter egg hunts and Sunday they will get their Easter baskets.  Then we will celebrate the true meaning of Easter and celebrate our Savior at church!  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment