SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another Milestone

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that posts about transitioning to big kid beds would come only two weeks apart for my 2 1/2 year old and 1 1/2 year old! Reed has done amazingly well and after a rough first few days, I can put him to bed and shut the door and not worry about him getting up etc.

A few months ago Paige figured out how to climb out of her crib. We lowered the crib mattress and took out the crib bumper and that seemed to solve the problem - or so it seemed....

A week ago in the middle of the night I heard a loud thud followed by screaming. She had managed to do it again! This time we knew we had to do something before she broke her neck! I DREADED this day. Paige is a very different child then Reed and I imagined her on the loose in the house climbing the walls - literally! But we had no choice.

We bought a bed and braced ourselves for the worst! Day 1, nap 1 as I assumed, she immediately got up and started banging on the door. I let her cry a few minutes, went back and layed her back in bed without saying anything to her. Repeated three times and then gave in and lay down with her until she fell asleep. The same thing happened at bedtime but took less time to fall asleep.

Day 2 I put her down for a nap prepared to be a little stricter. I waited outside her door and never heard a sound! I thought it might be a fluke but she did the same thing at night!

I must admit I'm really sad to put my last baby in a bed so soon. I was ready to let go with Reed because he's almost three but definitely was not prepared with Paige just two weeks later. They're babies such a short time which makes me sad but I'm also proud of how quickly she adjusted. Just goes to show she's as smart as she is beautiful!

First nap




1 comment: