SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Learning from a 2 year old

Every day Reed teaches me to manage my expectations! I always have big plans for the holidays to create traditions that will build memories to last a lifetime. And yet, nothing ever goes according to plan...

Yesterday I decided we were going to decorate Easter eggs. I set everything up and put Reed in his chair. He looked at all the colorful cups of water and started demanding "juice" thinking I had created a buffet of beverages for him. He grabbed the blue one and started to drink from it. I snatched it from him which resulted in an immediate meltdown and screaming a chant "juice, juice, JUICE!" I couldn't calm him down until I gave him some blue Gatorade and so off he went to enjoy his juice while I dyed the eggs myself.

Never a quitter I put him back at the table once they were dry to decorate with glitter. Yes, glitter, with a two year old! What was I thinking? He immediately made a complete and total mess and broke every single egg by cracking it on the table (like I taught him to do against the bowl when making breakfast). Needless to say, not the holiday memory I had in mind but it turned out to be a memory nonetheless!

After I got over it and let go of the expectations I had created, I had a blast videotaping him breaking the eggs, TASTING the egg (then throwing it on the floor) and getting glitter everywhere in my kitchen except on the eggs! Thank you Reed for teaching me that things don't always go according to plan but the most memorable memories are made by the creativity of a spontaneous two year old!

He loved playing with the egg dipper!


The eggs got dipped in a bag for glitter

Then they got dropped on the table....

In and out of the bag, in and out.....


He's very organized!


What's all over my hands?

How'd that happen?

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You have a blog...so cute! I love the blog about coloring eggs...so true with expectations!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete