SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Monday, April 19, 2010

What the flu taught me

For the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing exhaustion of mind, body and spirit. I kept saying I need to slow down and rest because I tend to overschedule myself and push it to the limit. I didn't listen to what my body was telling me and suddenly I was forced to listen!

This week my life was overtaken by the flu. I felt so helpless, barely being able to take care of the kids or myself. Today I woke up feeling good for the first time in days. I was overcome with the most greatful feeling and the realization of how much I take the most basic things in life for granted like my good health, taking a shower, eating a good meal, drinking coffee, and just walking around without feeling sick.

Then it struck me that I've been taking things for granted on a much larger scale. I complain about my car falling apart to someone who doesn't have one. I complain about how my house is in the wrong neighborhood when people are losing their homes. I complain that my husband works too much overtime when a lot of people are out of work. I complain about my kids keeping me up at night when some people can't even have children. Compain, complain, COMPLAIN!


I have been blessed with so much in this life and am ashamed that I sometimes forget that. I just needed a good, swift kick in the butt and boy did I get it! Thank you God for all of lifes little blessings and for reminding me to never take them for granted!

Today I decided to make a conscious effort to pay attention to all the things that I'm greatful for. Here are a few....


A brother who loves his sister





A daddy who adores and plays with his children



A beautiful day to work in my garden


A perfect little helper


Reed who gives me joy a thousand times a day

Paige whose playful spirit reminds me not
to take life so seriously!


The messy moments that drive me nuts

Food and Easter baskets prepared by my parents, delivered by my sis

Enjoying another Easter basket thanks to Grandma and Grandpa

That's Reeds hand trying to get more eggs! P doesn't put up with that!

A quick walk to the park with my cool kids

Even their little bickering is precious.
(Paige kept trying to get Reeds glasses and he kept pushing her off)



A park all to ourselves



And last but not least, some of my favorite moments come at the end of the day...









Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverence must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1: 2 - 4

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Thank you for the reminder of being grateful for all God gives us! He truly does bless us. Yeah for the flu teaching you something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!! Thank you for the reminder!! What can I say?...... The flu will do that for ya!! :)

    ReplyDelete