SilvestriniCity

SilvestriniCity
Lindsey, Reed, Paige and Justin

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Water Babie(s)

Today was a super hot day in Beaumont so I decided to put Paige the "pool" for the first time. I was dying for an excuse to bust out her new bathing suit. I got everything ready while the kids were napping; towels, sunblock, bathing suits, swim diapers, camera, video camera and boiled some water to warm it up (yes, I'm dead serious). I was super excited to find Reed's bathing suit from last year still fit him. I knew he wouldn't get in the water but the day I don't put it on him is the day he decides to try it! (Ask me how I learned that one!)

Here's what he looked like the first time he wore it a year ago!








Now I know what you're thinking. It sounds like I'm building up a lot of expectations right? Wrong! I learned a little something from myself about that so I was not going to make a big deal out of it if Paige hated the water. I just like to be prepared! I already learned with Reed last year who put one foot in the pool and hasn't been back in!

But then....

She liked it! She really liked it!



"Hey, there's water down there!"


"...and toys!"


She got brave really fast


She was kickin' it on her tummy within two minutes!




She got daddy's long beautiful eyelashes


Reed was there too but would rather
check out airplanes then step foot in the water!


"AIRPLANE, AIRPLANE!"


Watching her brother


Mmmmm fish






I tried to put Reed's hat on her to protect her...


...that's when he decided he'd like to wear it!


Big bully with his satisfied look!


Paige really surprised me how much she loved the water! She even got brave enough to put her face under the water. She got some water in her mouth but just spit it out and did it again! This was her face after....


Reed decided he didn't want to miss out on
the water fun after all...


...deciding what he's going to do....



...not the bucket again! He had to make sure
there was water before he dumped it.


Fill, look, dump, fill, look, dump....


Nothing is more fun to him right now!


See? FUN!











Going in for a kiss.....


...fell in, on top of Paige and broke the pool. DOH!



"What a dork!"


Then came the tears....


Pool party OVER!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...you crack me up! Broke the pool? Oh bummer! Cute pictures! I got a water table at a yard sale so we'll have to let the boys try it out together sometime! =) I haven't had J out in water yet.

    ReplyDelete